Job descriptionThe S.C. Law Enforcement Division (SLED) is searching to fill a Special Agent position in our Investigative Services - Pee Dee Region. The ideal candidate must have a bachelor’s degree, integrity, and a strong desire for public service.
To serve as a Special Agent in SLED's Investigative Services - Pee Dee Regional Office. Participate in the detection of crime and enforcement of criminal laws; plan and conduct complete investigations of complex and administrative cases or conduct portions of complex investigations; and perform tasks supporting local law enforcement when requested.
- Conducts Investigations - Initiates cases and effectively obtains material facts, supporting information, and evidence related to the violations of state and/or federal law. Conducts thorough interviews of suspects/witnesses/victims to crimes or relevant matters. Effectively manage complex criminal investigations and plans supporting enforcement activity to further the investigation.
- Reports Information - Consults with supervisor concerning new investigations and significant events related to on-going active investigations. Prepares accurate, thorough, complete, and grammatically correct reports of investigations, reports of interviews, statements, affidavits, and/or other legal documents. Presents investigative findings to the Court through testimony, as required. Accurately reports statistical information as requested by the supervisor.
- Performs Administrative Tasks - Prepares and submits SLED daily and enters working time into SCEIS in required time period. Ensures case files are up to date and accurate. Closes case files after ensuring all required documentation has been completed.
- Supports Local Law Enforcement - Initiates, develops, and maintains contact with other law enforcement agencies. Provides assistance with other investigations when requested.
- Supports Program Areas - Perform assigned tasks in support of the SLED Pee Dee Regional Office of Investigative Services. Participates in SLED mandatory training and other optional training opportunities that are made available. Maintains SLED issued equipment. Assists other SLED Agents when needed.
A Bachelor's degree.
Class I Law Enforcement Certification through the SC Criminal Justice Academy or certification from a federal law enforcement training academy.
South Carolina Law Enforcement Division (SLED) is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, including, but not limited, to lactation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.
SLED offers an exceptional benefits package for FTE positions that includes:
- Health, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, and Life Insurance for Employee, Spouse, and Children
- 15 days annual (vacation) leave per year
- 15 days sick leave per year
- 13 paid holidays
- State Retirement Plan and Deferred Compensation Programs
A copy of the Division’s EEOP Utilization Report is available at www.sled.sc.gov
Supplemental questions are considered part of the official application. Any misrepresentation of yourself may be grounds for disqualification.
Conditional selection based on candidate education, training, experience, oral interviews and clearance of background investigation.
Intrested in this job?
All Related Listed jobs
City of Rochester, MN Rochester, MN 55904 $69,938 - $98,738 a year 5 days ago
Ohio Energy Division Dublin, OH 43017 $20 an hour 1 day ago
Rosenberg Wellness Center New York, NY 10022 (Upper East Side area) $25 an hour EmployerActive 2 days ago
Keystone Basement Systems Pittsburgh, PA $700 - $2,500 a week EmployerActive 3 days ago