Los Angeles, CA
Scientific Sales Consultant
Our Randox office and Lab based in Santa Monica, Los Angeles, currently have an exciting offer and opportunity to join a new team within a long-established, global diagnostics company. The successful candidate should ideally be a life sciences graduate (BSc. or MSc. degree in biology, chemistry, biochem, etc.) with some experience, or at least an interest in sales and marketing. The position offers a blend of scientific writing, commercialization of novel biomarker tests and technologies, sales interfaces with the public (consumers) and physicians (M.D.) for clinical laboratory testing services, and innovative healthcare research.
In addition, the candidate must be able to learn and retain scientific knowledge and communicate this with the public DTC and within the medical and scientific communities - via written, verbal and in-person presentations. We also require the candidate to hold and attend 'workshops/educational seminars', set up meetings with physicians, clinics, and/or corporate contracts to establish and expand customer accounts within a diverse marketplace.
Central to the Randox ethos is our drive and determination to improve healthcare worldwide and every one of our talented staff plays a role in this. In order to serve our growing international markets, we require high-caliber applicants with scientific, engineering, software, and broader business skills – including sales, marketing, logistics, finance, and many more. Join the Randox team and play your part in improving the health of millions.
- Lucrative base salary
- Leads provided
- Own your leads through the entire sales process
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid vacation
- Support and training provided
- Car allowance after 90 days
- Per diem spending when traveling
- Opportunity to advance from a Tele-Sales role into a Field Sales role!
Responsibilities – Scientific Sales Consultant:
- Reporting Randox Health results, data and statistics the USA
- Composing and delivering Randox Health educational material, both externally and internally
- Provide written scientific information pertaining to laboratory testing and technology services offered, and, for results data generated. Discussion of client results the following testing.
- Explaining Randox Health service/testing prior to blood collection
- complete consent forms Demonstration of excellent knowledge of the Randox Health service and tests.
- Ensuring that clients have a clear understanding of the Randox Health Service
- Collection of blood samples, Personal Health Measurements, and other relevant information from clients.
- Conduct Randox Health staff training for a range of personnel (admin to clinical/physician) Adhere to policies and accreditation implemented by Laboratory Director.
- The Candidate
- Qualified to at least degree standard in any Chemistry/Biochemistry Health Science or Life Science discipline with a GPA of 3.3 or above
- Proficient communication skills and attributes.
- Experience delivering complex scientific information clearly when communicating with physicians, clinical disciplines, and the general public or administrative level colleagues (non-scientific).
- Ability to learn and retain information quickly.
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Scientific writing skills for PR, marketing, and promotions or publications.
- Ability to interpret, analyze and summarize information accurately.
- Ability to prioritize workload in a logical fashion.
- Previous sales or marketing experience preferred.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Excellent record-keeping and timekeeping.
- Ability to act on own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Excellent documentation, reporting, and IT literacy on all major software programs and Laboratory reporting software applications - LIMS system, with a paper-light approach.
- Interest to learn new scientific technology platforms, testing, and biomarker science.
- Phlebotomy skills or the interest to complete a course for qualification.
- Ability to obtain a passport
- A valid driver’s license
An international company operating in over 145 countries that continues to have unparalleled growth, Randox Laboratories has been the heartbeat of the UK’s National COVID Testing Program throughout the pandemic. In early 2020 Randox recognized the threat from COVID-19 and based on over 40 years of diagnostic experience, quickly developed a test to accurately identify the virus. Testing at scale commenced within weeks to support the UK’s National Testing Program and private clients alike. Through the enormous effort and commitment of its staff, Randox is currently operating at a capacity of 180,000 COVID-19 samples per day, making it the most productive laboratory in the UK and Ireland and amongst the very largest in Europe.
Additionally, as a world leader in diagnostics for clinical healthcare, toxicology, and food security, our expertise, and product portfolio have assisted laboratories across the world in improving health and saving lives. Our global success is a result of our pioneering products and the commitment & skill of our workforce, which continue to grow exponentially.
Randox Laboratories Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer.