Position Description: The copywriter plays a very important role within Dillard’s in-house creative department, creating compelling advertising copy to promote Dillard’s merchandise in various advertising pieces—primarily email campaigns. Position is located in Little Rock at our Corporate Headquarters (not remote.)
- Works closely with copy and graphic design teams to write copy for Dillard’s advertising pieces, including: emails, signs, direct mail, etc.
- Proofs work for factual and grammatical accuracy
- Produces all work in accordance with Dillard’s copy and legal standards, while meeting all deadlines
- Maintains a strong understanding of Dillard’s brands, customer profiles and broader fashion industry trends
- 1 year writing or editing copy for a publication or advertising, preferably in a corporate setting
- A degree in journalism, English, advertising, communication or a related subject
- Preferred candidates will possess working knowledge of Adobe InDesign
Skills and Qualities
- Accuracy and a strong eye for detail are absolutely essential
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Should be self-motivated and highly organized
- Must understand the different language styles that appeal to various target customers and craft headlines and copy that appeal to the customer on an emotional level
- Must be comfortable working under tight deadlines
- Should possess an interest in fashion, commerce, popular culture, current events, advertising trends, etc.
Our dynamic organization offers a comprehensive salary and benefits package, which includes the following: Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-Term Disability, Life, Paid Vacation and Holidays. Our associates also enjoy a generous Employee-Purchase discount.
- Submit your resume online.
- We will contact only those persons selected for further consideration.
- Dillard's is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls please.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $19.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Marketing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Copywriting: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location