The Executive Assistant, Policy and Advocacy provides administrative support to the Director of the Policy and Advocacy team, enabling them to use their time effectively to advance the organization's strategic goals. This dynamic position requires strong attention to detail and the ability to anticipate needs, think critically, and offer solutions to problems with a high level of professionalism.
About Community Solutions:
Community Solutions (https://community.solutions/) is a non-profit organization that works to achieve a lasting end to homelessness that leaves no one behind. We envision a more equitable future where homelessness is never inevitable or a way of life for anyone. Since 2015, we have led Built for Zero, a movement of more than 80 cities and counties using data to radically change how they work and the impact they can achieve — and proving that it is possible to make homelessness rare and brief. Nearly half of those communities have reduced homelessness in their communities, and 14 of those communities have ended veteran or chronic homelessness. To help communities equitably and sustainably end homelessness, we are also working to identify solutions that can address gaps in housing, disrupt inflow into homelessness, and produce more racially equitable systems.
Community Solutions seeks leaders at every level: extraordinary, mission-oriented people not satisfied with the status quo. We are a team of values-driven innovators motivated by results. We eagerly seek and support diverse applicants. We provide generous benefits (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QTiqWx90zcWlalgwdHteECpTtuGHINEs/view?usp=sharing) and opportunities for inspiring and transformational professional growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide sophisticated calendar management for the director, including:
- Arranging meeting and travel logistics
- Prioritizing inquiries and requests while troubleshooting conflicts
- Making judgment calls and critical recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day engagements
- Continual, proactive advance review of the calendar to catch conflicts and other issues
- Confirming meetings and lines/locations with external parties ahead of time
- Complete administrative, programmatic, and managerial tasks that facilitate the director's ability to effectively lead the work, including:
- Producing briefings, reports, and presentations for review
- Attending meetings as needed and taking notes
- Preparing information for meetings with staff and outside parties
- Composing correspondence
- Maintaining contact lists
- Making travel arrangements
- Completing expense reports
- Keep the director informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately with reminders. Anticipate their needs in advance of meetings, conferences, etc.
- Complete research and assist with preparation of presentations and speeches as needed
- Coordinate with other Executive Assistants to ensure a well-run Executive Team
- At least 3 years of experience supporting a business (for profit or non-profit) with office management and/or scheduling
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Extremely organized and attentive to detail
- High degree of professionalism and outstanding judgment in dealing with diverse groups of people, including Board members, senior executives, staff, community leaders, donors, etc.
- Relevant work experience is required to apply for this role. A college degree may be helpful, but is not required. If you think you have the right experience, but you're worried we might not ‘get it,' you could be right! Please use your resume and cover letter to make sure we understand your experience and why you're qualified for this role.
- Comfortable with numbers and using spreadsheets
- Proficient in developing presentations and briefing documents for internal and external audiences
- Proficient in drafting formal correspondence, including emails, letters, and memos
- Able to quickly learn and become proficient in new software and online applications
- Ability to prioritize and complete a high volume of tasks with limited guidance
- Passion for supporting efforts to end homelessness or other complex social problems
- Google Business Apps
- Microsoft Office Apps, especially Excel
- Zoom video conferencing software
The starting salary range for this position is $58,500 to $73,200, depending on experience, proficiency and qualifications.
To support pay equity, our compensation structure is fully transparent, rooted in clear scoring, and not subject to negotiation. All salary offers include a fully transparent explanation of how the applicant in question is scored against posted hiring criteria and how a final salary offer is calculated.
Annual recalculation ensures that salary advancement is attainable with increased tenure, improved performance, expanded independence and responsibility, and deepened embodiment of our organizational values over time.
- Fully remote position, however candidate must be available during EST working hours.
- Up to 15% travel will be required to attend company retreats and events, essential policy meetings, media events and/or other training and convenings as per requested by the Principal, Policy and Advocacy.
Diversity and Inclusion:
We strive for diversity, equity and real inclusion by attracting extraordinary people from diverse backgrounds and lived experiences and ensuring they have the professional support and workplace culture they need to thrive. We seek to employ an all-star team of people who vary by their race and ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, nationality, age, culture, religion, veteran status, physical and mental abilities. We promote equal opportunity in the recruitment, selection, training, compensation, promotion, and benefits of all employees.
COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate:
COVID-19 vaccination is mandatory for all Community Solutions staff—full-time, part-time, and contracted. Vaccination documentation must be provided to Community Solutions. Vaccination information is completely confidential between the staff member and HR.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $58,500.00 - $73,200.00 per year