Big Ideas Learning is seeking Math teachers to tutor students in mathematics via web-based text chats on a part-time basis.
- Provide online assistance to math students with problems ranging from Middle School through Algebra II and Geometry.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with students using our textbooks.
- Experience teaching Math at middle or high school.
- Demonstrate Math proficiency up to and including Algebra II and Geometry.
- Access to a computer with high-speed internet (equipment guidelines and specifications available upon request)
- Must be comfortable working in an online environment
- Act 153 clearances will be required once hired (PA Child Abuse, PA Criminal Background, and Federal Criminal Background)
- Must reside in Pennsylvania.
- Demonstrate strong written communication skills
Tutors will be able to work from home. Shifts are available from 4:00 pm – 12:00 midnight, Sunday through Thursday. Ideal candidates would work between 12 hours and 24 hours per week.