Job descriptionAt adidas we have been challenging the status quo for 70 years and we’re not done yet. We are calling all Leads who don’t accept what “was” or what “is,” but those who want to create what will be, and who share our desire to make a difference. We believe sport has the power to change lives. To bring this mission to life we foster a culture centered on creativity, confidence, and collaboration, and while we will never rest on our laurels, we are humbled that this has allowed us to be recognized as one of the “world’s most attractive employers.” We also understand that the future runs on diverse and fresh perspectives. True to this spirit, we believe in assembling talented teams from far and wide and unite by a common goal: to be the best sports company in the world. We could list tired, old bullet points about Leads tasks but we’re confident you already know that. Here’s a bit about the kind of Leads we are looking for: Creators- If you want to build a tomorrow better than the day that came before, you’re a creator. Creators find inspiration in unlikely places, look at the world in their own unique way, are confident and have an uncanny ability to connect dots that others just don’t see. Confidence- Use your retail experience to exceed customer expectations and help guide store associates. Create an emotional connection with every customer by being a passionate and enthusiastic adidas Brand ambassador. Collaborator – You thrive on building relationships and working with your team. Ready to apply? Here’s what you need to know:
- Availability must be flexible and include evenings and weekends.
- Must possess and consistently exhibit the competencies relative to the position.
- Skilled in operating personal computers, POS systems, and various software packages including MS office.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to lead discussions in diverse groups of varying size.
- Ability to operate independently and with discretion and work effectively under pressure.
- Demonstrates an inspirational attitude that contributes to a positive team environment.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with team members along with willingness to set and maintain high standards of performance.
- Well-developed ability to speak, read, comprehend, and write English
- Ability to maintain reliable and consistent attendance and punctuality.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and operate a Brannock device.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Minimum 12 months experience working in a retail environment.
- Advanced selling experience and comprehensive product, retail and industry understanding.
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug benefits.
- 401(k) Retirement Savings, including an employer match.
- Flexible Paid Time Off and 6 paid holidays per year.
- Up to 12 weeks of paid Parental Leave for eligible employees.
- Education assistance program, available upon hire.
- A generous Employee Discount.
adidas participates in E-Verify. For more information, visit https://www.uscis.gov/e-verify.
adidas requires all US based employees to report COVID-19 vaccination status. Proof of vaccination is required in New York City and Puerto Rico. adidas is an equal opportunity employer and will consider requests for accommodation in accordance with all relevant state laws.
AT ADIDAS WE HAVE A WINNING CULTURE. BUT TO WIN, PHYSICAL POWER IS NOT ENOUGH. JUST LIKE ATHLETES OUR EMPLOYEES NEED MENTAL STRENGTH IN THEIR GAME. WE FOSTER THE ATHLETE‘S MINDSET THROUGH A SET OF BEHAVIORS THAT WE WANT TO ENABLE AND DEVELOP IN OUR PEOPLE AND THAT ARE AT THE CORE OF OUR UNIQUE COMPANY CULTURE – THE 3CS: CONFIDENCE, COLLABORATION AND CREATIVITY.
CONFIDENCE allows athletes to make quick decisions on the field, to reach higher. For us at adidas confidence means acknowledging that we don’t have all the answers. But we are willing to take risks, we try new things. And if we fail, then this is part of our learning – it helps us improve.
COLLABORATION. Every elite athlete relies on partners: coaches, teammates, and nutritionists. We, too, know that we are stronger together. Winning as one team takes open and candid dialogue, inclusiveness and trust in each other’s abilities and talents.
Being the best sports company in the world takes CREATIVITY. No great athlete succeeds by copying their predecessors’ training plans and strategies. We have to be open to new ideas, explore, gain an edge and stand out. Only then can we succeed.