Location: Harrodsburg, KY, US, 40330
Requisition Number: 54004
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Performs various set-up, scoring, and handling operations associated with sheet glass processes in the plant.
The work includes:
- Set-up, load and operate scoring, equipment to crack-off, inspect and pack the sheet glass product.
- Maximizes the number of sheets produced in all operations. Inspects, and packs sheet glass and collects samples for quality attributes.
- Troubleshoots losses for scoring and automated sheet handling systems.
- Assists in cleaning and in the restart of the drawing process due to unstable process conditions.
- Uses powered truck and or hand carts for moving and dumping cullet, WIP, packing materials and crates.
- Changes hoppers in cave as required. Records inspection, production and experimental data on proper report forms and statistical charts both manual and electronic database entries.
- Verifies the accuracy and set-up of equipment and adjusts the equipment when necessary.
- Performs process monitoring and operations
- Assists in various departmental requirements such as repairs, maintenance, material handling, safety, training and housekeeping.
- Participates in a variety of employee engagement and team activities.
- Communicates defect levels and types to appropriate personnel
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Candidate must be 18 years of age to be considered.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Nearest Major Market: Lexington