Job descriptionPosition Overview
- This recruitment is limited to the first 150 qualified applications and will close to the public without notice while still accepting applications from internal employees.
The City of Henderson announces an examination to create an Eligibility List and to fill two (2) vacancies for the classification of Human Resources Analyst I for the Department of Human Resources. The Eligibility List may be utilized to fill vacancies for this classification for up to one (1) year.
Click here to learn more about the Department of Human Resources.
Click here to see what it's like to live in/visit Henderson.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Human Resources Management, Business or Public Administration, or a closely related field
- Two (2) years of progressively responsible experience working in talent acquisition/recruitment in a human resources department
- Note: An equivalent combination of related training and experience may be considered
- Must possess and maintain a valid Nevada or “border state” driver’s license, as defined by NRS 483
- Must pass a nationwide fingerprint-based records check, and a wants/warrants check.
- Must complete Security Awareness and National Crime Information Center (NCIC)/Nevada Criminal Justice Information System (NCJIS) certification within six months of hire/transfer and be recertified every two years. Must maintain certifications in NCIC/NCJIS as a condition of continued employment.
- Desirable: Public sector human resources experience
- Desirable: Union and non-union recruiting experience
- Desirable: Certification as a human resources professional by the Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM) or the International Public Management Association for HR (IPMA-HR)
1) Completed Employment Application
- In addition to completing the online application, it is required that you attach a Resume to the "Attachments" section of your application.
Click here for attachment instructions.
Online Skills Assessment with Recorded Audio Assessment (Pass/Fail) - Thursday, July 7 - Monday, July 11, 2022
Oral Board Interview with Written/Performance Exercise (Weighted 100%) - Monday, July 18, 2022
Selection Interview - Wednesday, July 20, 2022
All applicants will be notified by email or telephone of their application status and the assessment dates/times/locations after the closing date of this announcement.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON SCHEDULING ASSESSMENTS:
If you are invited to participate in the assessment process, you will be required to self-schedule through the City of Henderson online application system. Please check your email and/or text messages on a regular basis after submitting your application for complete instructions, which include where and when to report.
The assessment and selection process for this position will take place on the dates listed above. All candidates who wish to be considered for this position will need to be in Henderson, Nevada and/or available via Microsoft Teams and make themselves available to participate in the testing process at any time on any of the dates listed above. Selection Process The selection process will begin with an employment application package screening, with the best-qualified candidates being invited to participate further in the assessment process. This process may include any combination of written, performance, and oral assessments to evaluate job-related education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. The City will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. It is the responsibility of the candidate requiring accommodation to contact the Human Resources Department (preferably in writing) at the time of application.
Appointment may be subject to the successful and timely completion of a post offer pre-employment background investigation and medical/physical examination, including a drug/alcohol test. Please see the job description to view the physical requirements. The City reserves the right to modify selection devices and test instruments in accordance with accepted legal, ethical, and professional standards.
CITY OF HENDERSON, NEVADA
Full-Time Regular Non-Represented
Position Benefits Summary
- Health Insurance: Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision.
- Employer paid Long Term Disability.
- Employer paid Term Life Insurance - $50,000 or one times annual salary, whichever is higher.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Medicare – Employee and City each pay 1.45%.
- Employer paid membership in the State of Nevada Public Employees Retirement System (PERS).
- No Social Security tax on employee's wages.
- Retirement Health Savings (RHS) program.
- Service based retiree health insurance subsidy.
- From date of hire, employee is credited with a minimum of 18 days* of PTO prorated by the number of full months remaining in the calendar year, not including the month of hire. In January of each year, employee will be provided with a lump sum annual allocation of PTO as follows:
- Second year through fifth calendar years of service – 22 days
- Sixth year through twelfth calendar years of service – 26 days
- Thirteenth calendar year of service and beyond – 30 days
- Actual number of days of PTO granted may vary by position.
- Four consecutive days of leave, with pay, per occurrence, to attend funeral for immediate family member.
- 12 paid holidays per year.
- Holidays that fall on a day the employee is not scheduled to work will be banked. Employees may accumulate up to 152 hours of banked holiday hours at any given time.
- Employee credited with two (2) floating holidays at the beginning of each calendar year. If hired prior to July 1, employee will be credited with two (2) floating holidays and if hired between July 1 and October 31, employee will be credited with one (1) floating holiday.
- Four day, 9.5 hour work day, 38 hour work week.
- Four day, 10 hour work day, 40 hour work week for Police PERS positions.
- IRC 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
- IRC 401A Deferred Compensation Plan (new/re-hired employees only)
- IRC125 Plan Flexible Benefits Plan
- Cancer/Catastrophic Illness, Accident, Short Term Disability Insurance
- Auto and Home Insurance
- 529 College Savings Plan
- Supplemental Term Life Insurance
- Legal Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Identity and Credit Protection
- Employee Network Membership
NOTE: Benefits subject to change based on the discretion of the City Manager or City Council.
Intrested in this job?
All Related Listed jobs
Messner Reeves LLP Denver, CO 80202 (Union Station area) $50,000 - $55,000 a year 8 days ago
Neo Home Loans +2 locationsRemote 30+ days ago
Skilled Trades Partners Lewiston, ME 04240+5 locations $22 - $30 an hour 14 days ago
TSA (Transportation Security Administration) Springfield, VA $150,149 - $203,700 a year 5 days ago
Roger K Coffey DDS Fargo, ND 58104 (Southpointe area) $16 - $24 an hour EmployerActive 3 days ago