- Hold a valid and active driver’s license
- High School or equivalent diploma
- Experience working with computers and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- 21 years of age
- Work 40 hours/week, and overtime as required
- Work a flexible schedule/shift/work area, including weekends, nights, and/or holidays
- Able to lift up to 49 pounds, stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours, and be able to frequently push, pull, squat, bend and reach with or without reasonable accommodation
Are you ready to drive commercial motor vehicles locally from building to building and help Amazon deliver world class service? Transportation Associates will perform semi-trailer moves in the trailer yard, coordinate yard activities (such as checking in trailers, traffic flow, internal communications with operations, etc.), conduct yard audits, complete driver training programs (Hostler, CDL School, etc.), and operate multiple vehicle types (including but not limited to hostlers and day cabs) to support Amazon’s transportation network. Benefits of being a Transportation Associate include earning your Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) paid for by Amazon, being home after every shift and having the opportunity to work 40 hours per week (plus occasional overtime).
Due to interstate operating authority commerce regulations, candidates must be at least 21 years or older. Candidate must hold a valid state-appropriate driver’s license, be able to obtain their Driver Qualification File (DQF) and Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), and be eligible to drive in accordance with Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements. Amazon does not sponsor for immigration, including for H-1B, TN, and other non-immigrant visas, for this role.
As a Transportation Associate you will:
- Adhere to company rules and regulations and make safety a priority at all times.
- Perform various functions within the yard, support site operations teams, internal transportation field teams, and external carriers, as needed, to ensure all trailers arrive and depart on time with zero defects and to maintain workflow for buildings
- Operate Commercial Motor Vehicles (CMVs) on non-public roads or in yard to move trailers to/from dock and parking locations.
- Operate CMVs on public roads as required while staying on predetermined routes and using approved equipment.
- Comply with company policies, procedures, and DOT regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking, trailer designations, violation and incident reporting requirements, break periods, etc.)
- Complete driver vehicle inspection reports on equipment and notify managers of any maintenance or delivery issues encountered.
- Follow hostler and delivery schedules, track and report working hours and breaks at appropriate times, adhere to yard safety policies, obey all applicable traffic laws, and drive in accordance with weather/road conditions.
- Work primarily outside and drive different commercial motor vehicles over the road.
- Work at nearby sites locations within the area needed to support the business
- Drive, maneuver, and load/unload a truck using approved equipment (pallet jack, etc.)
- Lift up to 49 pounds, stand and walk during shifts lasting up to 12 hours, and frequently push, pull, squat, bend, and reach.
- Work as a peer trainer on an as needed basis to support the business.
- Associate will be required to obtain their Driver Qualification File (DQF) and Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) as a condition of the role.
What else does the TOM team have to offer? We’re glad you asked!
- Exposure to different site types including: NACF, NASC, Air, AMZL & AMXL.
- Long-term growth potential via comprehensive training in transportation with Amazon.
- Learn more about TOM by watching this short video: https://youtu.be/OcS_p9HQ0XA
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with diverse audiences
- Ability to follow and enforce safety measures and policies to all who operate vehicles on behalf of Amazon and those who enter the yard, including vendors and senior team members
- A commitment to build strong, collaborative relationships with colleagues and outside vendors
- 6+ months of Peer Driver Trainer (PDT) experience
- Earning your Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) paid for Amazon
- Opportunity to work outside and drive different commercial motor vehicles over the road
- Exposure to different site types including NACF, NASC, Air, AMZL & AMXL
- Long-term growth potential via comprehensive training in transportation with Amazon
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Intrested in this job?
All Related Listed jobs
Baylor Scott & White Health Dallas, TX 75246 1 day ago
Yellow Cab Broward Fort Lauderdale, FL 10 days ago
Aspen School District Aspen, CO 81611+1 location $25 - $30 an hour 12 days ago
Northside Hospital Atlanta, GA+15 locations 7 days ago
PatientAdvocate International Fort Worth, TX+1 location $35,000 - $70,000 a year 1 day ago