The Estates offers competitive benefits, tuition reimbursement, a retirement plan, and additional employee resources that make us the Polk County Best Places to work for over 10 years!
Interested candidates may also apply online on the company websites career page https://www.estatesatcarpenters.com/careers.
Our CCRC Community is seeking an experienced Medical Biller to work in our Business office. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in medical billing, with the skills necessary to enhance our current billing procedures and reduce A/R days. The successful applicant will work on a number of tasks requiring data analysis, in-depth evaluation and exercising judgment within the appropriate scope of practice.
- Preforms all duties related to timely and efficient billing of accounts receivable for Skilled and Long Term Care.
- This position requires extensive knowledge of Medicare, Managed Care, and Medicaid Billing with knowledge of following up within DDE or MCOs for claim corrections.
- Must be able to review and process insurance verifications and pre-authorizations quickly.
- Strong knowledge of the UB-04, ICD10 coding and RUG categories.
- Analyze A/R Aging, follow up and collections on all unpaid accounts.
- Keep abreast of Payer changes and regulatory requirements by CMS.
- Customer service driven with the ability to communicate effectively, have strong organizational skills and ability to work independently and efficiently
- Ability to maintain and understand information generated in an automated billing system.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 2+ years of experience in billing in a Skilled Nursing Facility or CBO environment desired
- Knowledge of computers, EMR and basic medical and insurance terminology.
- Must successfully pass the mandated criminal background checks.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- Must be able to pass the pre-employment reference checks.
- Must be able to provide official grade transcripts of the education level provided on the employment application.
- Must be able to provide applicable documentation(s) for I-9 in order to establish identity and authorization to work in the U.S.
- Must have valid driver’s license, personal automobile liability insurance, and acceptable driving record (if required to drive).
- COVID-19 Vaccine Required.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 - $20.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location