Would you enjoy working Outside?
We are recruiting Underground Utility Locators in Lakewood and surrounding areas for a paid Training Class!
Vannguard is currently seeking new team members with a communicative attitude in a drug-free environment.
Our Underground Utility Locators are responsible, self-motivated individuals who enjoy the freedom of working outdoors. We will train the right individual, who is committed to safety, comfortable working on their own, pays close attention to detail, and takes pride in completing a job well done.
Our Underground Utility Locators drive a company vehicle from home to job sites and use laptop utility maps along with specialized equipment to find underground cables, pipes and other underground utilities to prevent damages and ensure safety within the excavation, landscaping and construction community.
Communicators who are not afraid of hard work, asking for help, and know that quality is their top priority should consider a career as an Underground Utility Locator with Vannguard Utility Partners Inc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive a company vehicle directly from your home to job sites in response to routine ticket requests, emergencies, and relocates.
- Utilizes the provided mapping tools and other location information, along with locating equipment, to locate underground electric and gas utilities.
- Indicates utility locations through the utilization of paint, flags, and communicates other relevant information to excavation personnel or other appropriate authorities.
- Responds to after-hours emergency call-outs in accordance with the established rotation schedule.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Attitude:
- Computer Skills
- Valid driver's license in applicable state of employment.
- Must be able to work overtime when duties cannot be performed within a normal work schedule.
- Will be subject to Vannguard's Drug-Free Workplace Program, and complete a pre-employment drug screening.
- Able to self-manage and communicate with supervisors and clients in a timely manner.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, employees regularly:
- Drive 30 to 60+ miles daily as required by the assigned geographic locating area.
- Get in and out of a vehicle 40+ times a day.
- Stand and walk lengthy distances (1+ miles) over uneven terrain in all weather conditions.
- Sit for periods of time while driving.
- Lift and/or move 5 to 50 pounds.
Work outdoors in all weather conditions.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $17.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- 10 hour shift
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Work Location: Multiple Locations