Join Riverview Health & Rehab Center - North and work with our passionate and innovative healthcare team!
The Social Worker, as a member of the interdisciplinary team, provides services in response to the emotional needs of residents and their families. The Social Worker also assists with resident admissions and the referral process.
About Riverview Health & Rehab Center - North
Riverview's passion is to combine innovative ideas with compassionate medical care and state of the art programs to create a place of healing and hope for those who need rehabilitation and nursing care. Riverview Health specializes in geriatrics and works closely with hospitals and physicians to create a collaborative environment of care and medical expertise for our communities.
The mission of Riverview Health & Rehab Center - North is to be a premier health and rehabilitation center by exceeding the expectations of our Residents, Families of Residents, and Employees.
- Assist in completing admissions paperwork as needed for newly admitted residents and families.
- Conduct and document a social services evaluation, including identification of resident problems/needs
- Provide/arrange for social work services as indicated by resident/family needs, transfers, and changes of level assignment
- Pursue protective services, guardianship, etc. for residents who do not have a responsible party when and If the resident is deemed incompetent
- Working knowledge and ability to apply professional standards of social work practice in job situations; able to establish criteria to assure that services provided meet established standards of quality.
- Implements social service interventions that achieve treatment goals, address resident needs, and link social supports, physical care, and physical environment to enhance quality of life.
- Daily Pay Option for Hourly Employees!
- Numerous Incentive Programs to Increase Compensation!
- Comprehensive Health Benefits: Medical (PPO or HMO), Dental, and Vision
- 100% Employer Paid Life Insurance for Full-Time Employees!
- Generous Time Off Package – Earn Time As You Work!
- Tuition Reimbursement and Scholarship Programs!
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Master’s Degree preferred
- One (1) year supervised social work experience working directly with individuals in a long-term or sub-acute care rehabilitation facility required.
- Current license as Social Worker in State of Michigan
- Current knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations that apply to the practice of social work in long-term care.
- Must be able to express self adequately in written and oral communication, and communicate effectively with supervisor, staff members and other departments
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and walk. Stooping, bending, lifting, carrying, and other physical demands may be required. The employee is occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Riverview Health & Rehab Center - North is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Decisions regarding employment will be based solely on the individual's qualifications as they relate to a particular job vacancy and to promote an environment of equal employment opportunity. There will be no regard given to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, handicap or veteran's status or any other protected class as defined by law. This policy applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Questions or concerns should be referred to Riverview Health’s Director of Human Resources.