PURPOSE: Social Media Representatives will act as a content creator and digital concierge for Mall of America through social media and online channels, as well as in-person. In this role, candidates will tell Mall of America's story through social media, while answering guest questions, providing solutions to challenges and a friendly, enthusiastic attitude. Candidates will work from a social media command center and work with a team of other social media team members to ensure Mall of America guests have an incredible experience before, during and after their visit.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Monitor, respond and engage across social media channels and MOA text messaging platform
- Assist with MOA social media content creation including copywriting, photography and video
- Utilize Mall technology and Mall devices to communicate with guests online and in person
- Monitor pop culture, competitor, influencer, industry and media trends that impact Mall of America
- Track customer engagement sentiment and opportunities for social care improvement
- Carry out community management activities: respond to customer questions, concerns and feedback, remove comments and spam that violate our community page guidelines, report conversations and feedback to appropriate Mall departments
- Assist with compiling social media analytics reports
- Complete MOA social media engagement best practices and platform training; stay up-to-date with platform improvements
- Identify new training and growth opportunities, as well as feedback around the digital guest service role
- Recognize and flag social influencers, bloggers and notable service interactions
- Reflect MOA voice and tone in all communications
- Additional duties as assigned.
PREFERRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Must be at least 18 years of age with high school diploma or equivalent
- Degree in or pursuing a degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing, or Liberal Arts
- Strong guest service and customer-focused mindset.
- Social media, communications, or digital marketing experience is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of social media platforms channels including, but not limited to Facebook, TikTok Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, YouTube etc.
- Knowledge of using social media tools for business
- Flexibility in schedule
- Strong knowledge of computer and word processing applications
- Interest in emerging technology platforms
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously
- Assertive with a "can do" attitude and able to work independently as well as be a team player
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Sitting - Frequently
- Walking - Frequently
- Standing + moving - Frequently
- Perform repetitive motion (using keyboard/phone - Frequently
- Reach at or below shoulder level - Frequently
- Stoop and squat - Occasionally
- Lifting/carry up to 20 pounds - Occasionally
- Kneel and bend - Occasionally
- Reach at or above shoulder level - Occasionally