The Billing Analyst is responsible for the review of physician billing in Cerner to assure demographic, insurance and charge entry is performed accurately . H/She will train Clinic and Business Operations staff in the correct methods to use the Cerner system and its related systems.
Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
Minimum Work Experience
1 year Physician billing, registration and clinic operations experience with 1 year of automated systems experience (preferably Cerner). (Required)
- Review work queues to correct charges that have not posted to patient’s account for billing.
- Provide assistance to Business Operations and Clinic Registration/Charge Entry staff in resolving difficult accounts.
- Review demographic, insurance and charge entries to assure correct input and system compliance.
- Compile and report results of quality review work.
- Test new software releases to determine functional capabilities and potential problems.
- Monitor error trends to determine staff and system issues that need to be corrected.
- Provide input assistance to Business Operations and Clinic staff.
- Collaborate with clinical departments to ensure accuracy in demographic, insurance and billing.
- Train providers and other staff in appropriate data entry procedures.
- Perform special projects as required.
- Speak up when team members appear to exhibit unsafe behavior or performance
- Continuously validate and verify information needed for decision making or documentation
- Stop in the face of uncertainty and takes time to resolve the situation
- Demonstrate accurate, clear and timely verbal and written communication
- Actively promote safety for patients, families, visitors and co-workers
- Attend carefully to important details - practicing Stop, Think, Act and Review in order to self-check behavior and performance
Organizational Accountabilities (Staff)
- Anticipate and responds to customer needs; follows up until needs are met
- Demonstrate collaborative and respectful behavior
- Partner with all team members to achieve goals
- Receptive to others’ ideas and opinions
- Contribute to a positive work environment
- Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to change
- Identify opportunities to improve clinical and administrative processes
- Make appropriate decisions, using sound judgment
Cost Management/Financial Responsibility
- Use resources efficiently
- Search for less costly ways of doing things
: Maryland-Silver Spring
: Tech Hill 12211 Plum Orchard Drive Silver Spring 20904
: Accounting & Finance
: R (Regular) - FT - Full-Time
: 80 hrs
: Jun 23, 2022, 7:09:17 AM