Customer Service Representative
Looking for a Customer Service candidate. If you have a background in customer service (preferred in building supplies, construction, home goods) we have the role for you! Midland Garage Door is looking to add to our top-notch customer service team at our Eden Prairie location. Our Customer Service Representatives don’t just answer calls, they assist our dealers with placing orders, creating quotes, as well as troubleshooting any issues by working with various teams throughout the Midland Organization.
What you bring to Midland
- Positive Attitude
- Willingness to Learn
- Professional and Courteous Demeanor
What you get from Midland
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Monday-Friday 8am-5pm position
- Opportunity to work in a growing company
The primary function of this position is to assist customers via multiple means of communication with any service issues presented. The Customer Service Representative (CSR) will interact with multiple departments and co-workers from other locations. The CSR is an integral part of the customer’s experience with the company.
- Assist customers with quotes, orders, delivery, troubleshooting any issues and any other general customer concerns.
- Maintain a professional attitude and relationship with every customer, and build a positive rapport with callers.
- Enter quotes and orders into the system in a timely and accurate manner.
- Calculate and enter fabrication changes as needed to orders.
- Request quotes and order from vendors as needed.
- File orders, bills of lading and other office paperwork in a timely and accurate manner.
- Process RGA’s, warranties and documentation in accordance to company policy.
- Champion an overall culture of teamwork and cooperation between locations and departments.
- Provide assistance to internal and external customers with a can do attitude.
- Demonstrate and uphold Midland Values: Service, Quality and Integrity.
- Assist in Production areas are requested.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Management.
- Professional and courteous demeanor on and off the phone
- Ability to create and maintain relationships
- High level of attention to detail organization and follow up
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to read, and interpret invoices, statements and job specs.
- Ability to perform basic math skills: addition, subtraction, multiplication and division of whole numbers, fractions and decimals
- Sound judgment, decision making and problem solving skills in all situations
- Strong customer focus for both internal and external customer
Midland Garage Door is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on account of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local law.
Midland Garage Door will make reasonable accommodations to the known qualifying disabilities of applicants and employees when doing so will not impose an undue hardship. Applicant who believe they may need reasonable accommodation to enable them to participate in the application process should contact Human Resources.
I understand that neither the completion of this application nor any other part of my consideration for employment establishes any obligation for Midland Garage Door to hire me. If I am hires, I understand that except in the stat of Montana, my relationship with Midland Garage Door is referred to as "employment at will". This means that my employment can be terminated at any time for any reason, with or without cause, with or without notice, by me or Midland Garage Door. I understand that my employment is "at will" and I acknowledge that no oral or written statements or representations regarding my employment can alter my at-will employment status, except for a written statement signed by me and the General Manager of Midland Garage Door.
I authorize Midland Garage Door to make a through investigation of my past personal, employment, education, financial, medical history, and other job-related activities as may be necessary in arriving at an employment decision and I release from all liability all persons, companies, and corporations supplying such information. I also indemnify this Company against any liability which might result from making such investigation. Additionally, I authorize Midland Garage Door to supply my employment record, in it's sole discretion, in whole, or in part, to any prospective employer, government agency, or other party, with an interest that the Company deems appropriate.
I attest with my submitted application that I have given Midland Garage Door true and complete information on this application. No requested information has been concealed. If any information I have provided is untrue, or if I have concealed material information, I understand that this will constitute cause for the denial of employment or immediate dismissal, no matter when it is discovered by Midland Garage Door.
I understand that information provided regarding my current and/or previous employers may be used, and those employer(s) will be contacted, for the purpose of investigating my safety performance history as required by 49 CFR 391.23(d) and (e). I understand I have the right to: review information provided by previous employers; have errors in information corrected by previous employees and for those previous employers to re-send the corrected information to the prospective employer; and have a rebuttal statement attached to the challenge erroneous information if the previous employer(s) and I cannot agree on the accuracy of the information. My submission certifies that this application was completed by me, and that all entries on it and information in it are true and complete to the best of my knowledge.